Lateral Transfer Program
Are You an Experienced Officer?
Please see the following to determine your eligibility for lateral entry at a higher pay rate:
- Applicants must have at least two years of continuous service as a paid full-time certified police or law enforcement officer with a police or law enforcement agency as approved by the Police Chief prior to the hire date. The applicant must have been in a position where he/she had the authority to enforce federal, state, and local laws, had the authority to investigate crimes, make arrests, and to respond to calls-for-service; and licensed to carry a firearm while on duty
- Applicant must have a current TCOLE Law Enforcement Certification
- Applicant must meet all Mount Pleasant Police hiring qualifications and have completed all entry level testing, background investigations, and reviews according to agency procedures
- Starting pay for an applicant approved for the Lateral Entry Program will be based upon the applicant’s number of previous years of experience as a qualified peace officer through TCOLE records and set at the departments step pay plan and confirmed experience level
- An applicant approved for the Lateral Entry Program will be eligible to receive certification pay for which they might qualify
- Lateral transfer officers are required to complete the Department’s Field Training Program
- Seniority will be based on the applicant’s date of hire within the Department. No credit for prior service outside the Department will be granted for seniority purposes
Questions? Ask to speak to a police recruiter today. Call 903-575-4004.